|« Doubt lingers over Tassie's 'Chamberlain' case||::::::::||New law fails to protect our genes status »|
Academics fire shot heard in detention
Senior legal academics, led by Prof George Williams, are starting to set the scene for a 2016 wind-back of draconian questioning and detention warrants introduced in the panicked aftermath of 9/11.
Here's a review of their new paper » ...
Wish to Comment...our policy
We welcome comments, for alternative views and to generate debate. We check comments before they are published, to make sure they're on-topic, family-friendly and in keeping with our publishing principles. To make sure your comments are published, please...
- stay on topic
- leave out swear words and bad language
- be careful not to libel or defame any body
- don't be -ist: (race, age, sex, etc)
- avoid posting someone else's copyright material, and
- concentrate on the factual more than the emotional (though there's room for both)
We usually post comments at the bottom of articles, with a link off the Home page as well. But we may use them elsewhere, or as a separate article. If you see something in a comment that you think is objectionable, please let us know your reasons.