Mental Health Court to tackle big problem
Chief Justice Wayne Martin gives an excellent backgrounder in this speech as to why and how a new mental health court in WA next year will fulfil a major need, as he demonstrates with statistics drawn from other jurisdictions around Australia.
Wish to Comment...our policy
We welcome comments, for alternative views and to generate debate. We check comments before they are published, to make sure they're on-topic, family-friendly and in keeping with our publishing principles. To make sure your comments are published, please...
- stay on topic
- leave out swear words and bad language
- be careful not to libel or defame any body
- don't be -ist: (race, age, sex, etc)
- avoid posting someone else's copyright material, and
- concentrate on the factual more than the emotional (though there's room for both)
We usually post comments at the bottom of articles, with a link off the Home page as well. But we may use them elsewhere, or as a separate article. If you see something in a comment that you think is objectionable, please let us know your reasons.