We may have more rights, CJ French hints
Should the High Court place more emphasis on the rights that Australians 'absorb' because we have ratified international conventions. Chief Justice Robert French seems to be throwing out a strong hint in a speech he gave at the opening of the Brisbane law court complex.
Wish to Comment...our policy
We welcome comments, for alternative views and to generate debate. We check comments before they are published, to make sure they're on-topic, family-friendly and in keeping with our publishing principles. To make sure your comments are published, please...
- stay on topic
- leave out swear words and bad language
- be careful not to libel or defame any body
- don't be -ist: (race, age, sex, etc)
- avoid posting someone else's copyright material, and
- concentrate on the factual more than the emotional (though there's room for both)
We usually post comments at the bottom of articles, with a link off the Home page as well. But we may use them elsewhere, or as a separate article. If you see something in a comment that you think is objectionable, please let us know your reasons.