Proposed sweeping surveillance powers for police and spooks are so alarming that civil liberties groups are combining to mount a joint campaign for common sense.
This month we also feature:
- Is government gagging reporting of a corruption case?
- Rebel MPs stand up to Brandis’s bullying
- Requests for submissions: you work while we holiday
- Minister for PIDDLE: stops leaky boats, promotes tourism
- Hicks, jailed but never guilty: when will he get compensation?
- Latest TPP meeting ends with no progress
- Reps’ committee calls for better privacy laws
- CLA V-P chosen for leader’s program in EU
- State government is abusing its power: Fitzgerald
- Jails overflow as ‘dumb on crime’ takes effect
- Police are masters of sacrifice…yours!
- US Senate proposes bill to limit surveillance (NYT editorial)
- Top prelates now support euthanasia law
- State executes by torture