There have been mass protests nationwide because police have the power to make people wear masks, and keep 1.5m from each other to minimise Covid-19 sickness and deaths. There have been NO public protests about a new national law approved last month that gives police the power to pry secretly into your electronic devices, change the information on them any way they like, and then charge/convict you on the “evidence”. All police forces have track records of telling lies, or twisting reality, to secure convictions: how in future will we ever know what is true, and what is ‘changed truth’?
- Political promise goes halfway towards a properly fair system
- Poll shows Aussies overwhelmingly in favour of a Human Rights Act
- ‘Lock ‘em up forever’ mentality appears to take over
- VAD (euthanasia) law passes in another state…but not in a Territory
- 1000 people to sue state government over claimed prison abuse
- 4444 days in jail…wrongly convicted, CLA says
- Special forces suffer from ‘omerta’ culture, book says
- How much has the ‘War on Terror’ cost so far?
- Climate change impacts human rights, Bachelet says