Behind the scenes, moves are under way to frame a new approach to human rights for Australia. October through December is critical for developing where and when a federal HR Act fits. CLA is the prime mover Australia-wide in ensuring that any such act involves ’No Rights Without Remedies’. Such a foundation will establish a way to get quickly, easily and cheaply before conciliation or a tribunal to have rights acknowledged and enforced. Meanwhile, rights we thought we had are disappearing, as forensic science labs and police forces let citizens down by misinterpreting or not obeying the law of the land and their own regulations.
- Police, spook agencies pilloried for ignoring warrant rules
- Upper House MP calls for full and independent inquiry into Tasmanian Police
- Will Oz fully implement Indigenous Peoples’ rights?
- ‘Lock ‘em up, throw away the key’ is legal, High Court says
- Park and hide will become the new normal
- Police bid to raid, criminally charge news outlet produces scathing backlash
- ’Sorry’ we wrongfully convicted and hanged your grandfather
- Call for end to secret facial recognition
- Syed release highlights identical issues as in Australia