To build a better nation, Australia needs to re-focus on our freedoms and our humanity rather than on tax-cutting baubles and harsher refugee and security laws. After nearly 20 years of excessive terrorism fear driving public policy, it’s time for politicians, parliament and the people to create a better society for the future rather than building walls around the past.
- SPECIAL REPORT: Media rights, freedoms and political responsibility
- Aged Care RC promotes better advance planning
- Australian UN Reporteur Alston warns of ‘climate apartheid’
- Taxpayers foot huge bills for ever-expanding prisons
- Kevin Andrews can choose to end his own life: Territories can’t even vote on it
- Court rules arms sales to Saudi Arabia illegal
- Manus refugees claimant seeks asylum in UK