The boss of privacy, data breach monitoring and FOI has resigned out of the blue, just as the government introduces a new regime supposedly to curtail leaking by the corporate sector of private, personal data. At the same time, the head of Australia’s police and security services, Minister Peter Dutton, has launched an overt, public attack on magistrates and the judiciary.
Other items in this issue include:
- TPP-11 just as flawed as the original: sovereignty at risk
- Have ASIO ‘blobs’ been given illegal access to Parliament House?
- DPP’s office profits from proceeds of crime: more staff, more funding
- First system of detention centre inspections under OPCAT is set up
- Teenagers to get lesser rights…and women already suffer discrimination
- State election is a high-stakes choice regarding human rights
- Nation’s justice system is in turmoil, says its former head
- Rulers crack down on lawyers’ rights, licences cancelled
DOWNLOAD HERE for SINGLE COLUMN (read on screen) or TWO COLUMN version (print, read over a break)