The challenge for Attorney-General George Brandis and the new Abbott government is to live up to their own words about ‘advancing and protecting the rights of the individual’.
Also this month:
- Oz’s aid floats off in wrong direction;
- Serco, G4S reports ‘gone missing’;
- SAS man brought in to control prisons;
- Police get range of anti-liberties powers;
- AFL rules free speech is behind;
- State to vote on euthanasia law;
- Stop surveillance, president demands;
- Atheists and Catholics: equal, by god;
- World’s domestic workers get protection;
- UN troops responsible over massacre;
- Miners deaths: police lied, doctored evidence.