There’s a welcome push in federal parliament to rein in insurance companies through a moratorium on citizens’ having to disclose the results of genes testing. The move would safeguard rights under insurance and superannuation policies, which affect nearly every Australian. Meanwhile, as ABC management spectacularly implodes, ABC journos and researchers yet again spark a Royal Commission, this time into aged “care”. CLA’s submission to the RC will concentrate on how the elderly gradually have their personal liberties and dignity stripped away, at the age when they and their contribution to Australia should be being honoured and feted.
Also in this issue:
- Time to revamp a 60-year-old promise for children?
- Wimpish committee gives coded warning only
- Travellers and friends latest to be subjected to police state ID checks
- Australia’s Indigenous people most incarcerated on the planet: prosecutor
- Commonwealth is anything but a model
- Gender-bender law will save our dunny heritage
- PM promises citizenship to millions of refugees (Pakistan)
- Jailed doppelganger seeks $1.5m – see photos