A formal call for Notice of Motion(s) has been made for this year’s eAGM. Details of this year’s eAGM follow.
The time table for the eAGM is available here.
Notice(s) of motion for an electronic Annual General Meeting (eAGM)
Notices of motion proposed for General Meetings (including an electronic Annual General Meeting) are usually of major significance: that is, they involve a change of Constitution, or of significant operating procedure, or of major policy direction.
They are not usually used for minor differences of opinion, for personality-based matters, or for other minor issues.
Before putting forward a notice of motion for this electronic AGM process, please consider whether something you may want to raise could be handled in a simpler way, for example:
- request for consideration of an issue by the board of directors;
- development of a policy paper, or optional policy position (you may like to draft one);
- commissioning of research on a topic, issue or policy;
- writing of an opinion piece for the website (the editor/webmaster welcome contributions at all times of the year, not only around the eAGM,etc.
If it would help you, please consider discussing a proposed notice of motion with the President or the CEO/Secretary before putting it into the online system. Initial contact details are:
- President Dr Kristine Klugman email@example.com or
- CEO/Secretary Bill Rowlings firstname.lastname@example.org)
Lodging a Notice of Motion
Members wishing to propose a motion can do so by entering their proposal in the ‘Notice of Motion/Discussion’ section of this item – see below. Proposed Notice of Motion must be received by the Secretary by 20 February 2010. Proposed motions will be available here for on-line debate/comment from 22 February 2010 to 20 March 2010.
Formal motions will be advised on-line and voting will occur between 22 March to 5 April 2010. Members with an email address can vote on-line. Members without email will be advised by post and can lodge a postal vote (postal votes must be received by the Returning Officer by COB 8 April 2010).
Your one-stop page
Your one stop eAGM10 page with all the articles, comments, motions etc is available here »…