FOR TWO YEARS, CLA has been lobbying for a new Human Rights Act (HRA) for Australia.
We also want to improve the HRA in the ACT, which will celebrate its 20th anniversary in 2024, and the Acts in Victoria and Queensland.
Here are background documents which outline the core campaign facts.
- Rights in Sight Newsletter May 22
- RIGHTS IN SIGHT newsletter Nov 2021
- CHECKLIST for a Human Rights Act CLA Aug 2021
- NO RIGHTS WITHOUT REMEDY: improving the ACT HRA by CLA July 2021
- C’wlth Integrity Comm Bill: CLA submission Feb 2021
- Nationhood inquiry, Senate Aug 2020: CLA submission
- Foreign Affairs and Trade Committee Pandemic inquiry June 2020: CLA submission
- Human Rights STRATEGY for Business: CLA paper 2021
- Improving the ACT Human Rights Act: CLA submission April 2022 to ACT JACS Committee