In accordance with CLA’s Constitution, the 2020 Annual General Meeting (AGM, including the electronic annual general meeting, or eAGM) of Civil Liberties Australia Inc will be held during February and March 2020..
This year’s AGM does not involve the election of office bearers whose term expires in 2021. The eAGM will consider – online – any major notices of motion and, as required by regulation, and will enable voting on the annual reports of CLA.
Only financial members as at 3 March 2020 can vote at the eAGM. Click to renew your membership.
Formal voting will take place between 10 and 23 March, either by members using an e-token sent to them by email, or by posted ballot papers for the few members without an email address. Unlike past year’s, this year CLA will use ElectionBuddy software to conduct the eAGM.
Please keep an eye out for eAGM emails, which will include the Annual Report for 2019 (including the Treasurer’s Report and Financial Statement) and the President’s Report.
PLEASE UPDATE your EMAIL ADDRESS if it has recently changed by logging into your account here or by sending a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org The ‘second’ member of a household membership might like to also confirm their email address by the same means.
The AGM timetable is:
- By 2 January – Formal Notice of eAGM by email and in the CLArion
- 3-15 February – Call for motions from members (usually kept for major matters)
- 16 February – Board consideration of proposed motions
- 18 February – 3 March – On-line discussion of any motions
- 3 March – Cut-off of membership to determine eligibility to vote at eAGM
- 4 March – Board determines final wording of motions
- 10 March – distribution of annual report/etc (and postal voting materials)
- 10-23 March – Voting period
- 25 March – Declaration of results
Notice of Motions are usually kept for major matters: please contact the President Dr Kristine Klugman email: email@example.com if you would like to discuss any issue.