- Everyone has the right to equal access to publicly-provided health services, and to receive or refuse medical treatment. Mental health patients have the same rights.
- In the absence of informed consent, the least invasive or intrusive treatment should be delivered.
- Patients have the right to their own records; health care providers must be accountable.
- Everyone has the right to give binding health directions in case they subsequently become incompetent.
- Children also have individual rights re vaccination