As part of the 2009 electronic Annual General Meeting (eAGM), this page contains the documents that would normally be tabled at a physical AGM. You can download the reports at your leisure, for reading in advance of the formal vote between 22 Mar – 5 Apr. We’ll send a reminder to you when it is time to vote.
One proposed motion was received: it related to mandatorily:
- establishing branches in each state and territory,
- disclosing membership details, and
- creating separate branch websites.
In accordance with the pre-established procedure for deciding on motions to be put to members at an eAGM, the CLA Board at a meeting on Sunday 21 February 2010 determined that the proposed motion was of an administrative nature covering principles and issues which are the responsibilities, under strategic planning and forward-resourcing duties, of the Board in directing the development and operation of the organisation.
In line with the constitutional amendment of 2008, the Board re-affirmed that CLA was a national entity, and not a federated organisation of state/territory branches.
The Board agreed that the following motions would be put to the 2009 eAGM:
- Acceptance of the minutes comprising the 2009 eAGM declaration;
- Acceptance of the President’s Report;
- Acceptance of the Annual Report; and
- Acceptance of the audited Financial Statements (included in the Annual Report – see pages 7, 8, 11 and 12 of the Annual Report).